- Changes to address new regulatory requirements resulting from the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) and other privacy protection law;
- Specifying our data processing and data sharing activities and the types of information processed for improved clarity;
- Consistent wording across associated brand websites and applications where legal requirements apply.
Schneider Electric strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
The data controllers of the data processing activities are the Schneider Electric subsidiaries who have determined the data processing means and purposes. They may vary on a case-by-case basis. In many instances, Schneider Electric Industries SAS, 35 rue Joseph Monier 92500 Rueil-Malmaison - France, Schneider Electric’s Head Office, is the data controller of global data processing activities.
Any order made by you online is also subject to the terms and conditions provided on the relevant sites. You must read them.
4. Why do we collect and use personal information?
We use personal information for various purposes, including to fulfill orders and requests, to manage customer and prospect relationships, conduct surveys, improve our products, services, digital content as well as user journeys, manage user accounts and programs, analyze activities on our digital platforms, run marketing activities, provide user with contextual and relevant information, ensure the security of our activities, protect against fraud, and, more generally, run our business activities.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalized experience while using our digital content.
Schneider Electric collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill orders of product, services and digital content. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, to provide the functionalities of our applications, to communicate with you about the status of your order and for contract management purposes;
- To better address future requests for information and support. We keep record of exchanges including personal information to provide an optimized service on contacting us for support;
- For relationship management purposes which includes communicating about the products, services and digital content including email communications and messaging;
- To conduct surveys and polls. We may collect personal information to complete surveys and contact you for follow-up. We use this information to measure satisfaction and improve products, services and digital content;
- To improve our products, services and digital content; for instance, we analyze the use of our applications and websites in order to identify areas and functionalities where users have difficulties, and we improve them;
- To manage user digital accounts. We collect personal information at registration on our digital platforms (e.g. partner portal, ordering platform, mobile apps) to authenticate you, manage credentials to enable you to navigate through several digital platforms without having to re-authenticate (cf. single sign-on) and to interact with you;
- To run promotional programs and activities: we collect personal information when you join a promotional or reward program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send relevant e-mails about the program and activity, notify winners, and make the winners' list publicly available in accordance with applicable regulations and laws;
- To send you marketing information by mail, fax, phone, text messages, email and electronic communications about promotions, news and new products or services that we think may be of interest to you in compliance with applicable opt-in and opt-out requirements. This can be conducted by Schneider Electric, its subsidiaries or selected third-parties acting on our behalf;
- To enable or administer our business, such as for quality control and consolidated reporting;
- To support corporate transactions or reorganizations in which Schneider Electric is involved;
- For business continuity and disaster recovery;
- To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. For example, accounting and tax obligations;
- Any other purpose otherwise conveyed to you.
5. What type of personal information do we process?
Schneider Electric processes various types of personal information including identity and contact related information, professional related information, information about preferences, interactions with us, financial related information, online traffic data and the content you provide to us. In most instances this information is obtained from customers, partners and users. We also purchase lists from marketing agencies and obtain information from our partners, through Cookies and social networks.
Personal information (also called personal data) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The types of personal information we process about you may include:
- Identity and contact related information, such as name, company, email address, phone number, photo, age range, contact addresses;
- Professional information, such as customer type, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe; acquisition and use of Schneider Electric products, services and digital content;
- Information (e.g. energy consumption) which is specific to the digital platform you use
- Your preferences such as product and service preferences, contact preferences, marketing preferences;
- Your interactions with us such as queries, orders, claims, survey answers;
- Financial-related information such as bank account details, credit card information;
- Online traffic data such as IP address, device and system identifiers, your Schneider Electric user ID and password, referring website, type of browser used, consulted content, and location, based either on your IP address or on information transmitted by your mobile device;
- Content that you have provided via online forums or otherwise (see section 6 “Your content” below).
In most instances we collect personal information directly from users who have a business relationship with us. We may also obtain information through a reseller or a business partner, by purchasing customer lists from marketing agencies, from your online browsing experience, from social networks when you connect with these network’s credentials and through Cookies. You may obtain more precise information on the third-party source (if any) of personal information by contacting us at the email address indicated in section 10.
6. Your content
You may choose to contribute content, including photos or comments, to online forums, applications or other digital platforms operated by Schneider Electric. Your content must be harmless. It must respect the law, the rights and interests of others. You need to have obtained consent before sharing someone else’s data. You should apply caution before sharing information in a forum.
The content provided to us must respect the rights and interests of others, including their rights to protection of personal information and privacy. It should not be offensive, disrespectful or be harmful in any way.
Any personal information provided to Schneider Electric about another individual must be compliant to privacy law, including the relevant collection of consent for the processing and publication of that information by its owners.
While Schneider Electric strives to protect your personal information, providing it online on shared forums is not risk-free. If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any forum, social network or blog, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Schneider Electric have control over. Schneider Electric is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. You should apply caution before deciding to share information about yourself or another person.
7. Who do we share personal information with?
We share personal information with the Schneider Electric subsidiaries and the service providers involved in our activities, with advertising and marketing agencies, with social networks if you use their login credentials, with third-party websites if you register with Schneider Electric credentials, competent regulatory bodies and authorities and business successors.
Schneider Electric is a global group of companies which works as one. To provide the best service to customers, prospects and users, personal data may be shared amongst personnel working for different entities. It may be the case, for example, for customer relationship management, sales or product support, marketing, product development purposes, improvement of the products, services and digital content, data quality checks, or security, finance, regulatory and compliance purposes.
We resort to service providers to carry out data processing activities and to provide our products, services and online content to you. These service providers include, without limitation, providers of hosting facilities, information systems, advertising and marketing agencies, IT support, security services, financial services, carriers who deliver products, outside accounting firms, lawyers and auditors.
We ensure all service providers working under contract for Schneider Electric are compliant with data privacy laws and aligned with Schneider Electric guidelines.
We also share the information as follows:
- In connection with the provision of advertising, we may share some limited personal information (e.g. device identifiers, Cookie identifiers) with ad exchanges or agencies that manage advertising on third-party websites and apps on which you may see advertising.
- Schneider Electric may disclose your personal information as necessary to potential buyers and successors in title, to facilitate a merger, consolidation, transfer of control or other corporate reorganization in which Schneider Electric participates.
- Where required by law or court orders or to protect our legal rights, we will disclose your personal information to government agencies, regulators and competent authorities.
- Aggregated with other information, in such a way that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations).
We will not sell or rent your personal information to a third party without your permission.
8. How do we protect personal information?
Schneider Electric complies with widely recognized key data protection principles (fairness, purpose limitation, data quality, data retention, compliance with individuals’ rights, security) and takes reasonable measures for the security of personal information.
Schneider Electric respects the privacy rights and interests of individuals. Schneider Electric and its subsidiaries observe the following principles when processing personal information:
1. Processing personal information fairly and lawfully;
2. Collecting personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing it further in ways incompatible with those purposes;
3. Collecting personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses;
4. Maintaining accurate personal information, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete information that is inaccurate or incomplete;
5. Keeping personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
6. Processing personal information in accordance with individuals’ legal rights;
7. Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information;
8. When processing sensitive personal information, ensuring appropriate notice and consent or that the processing otherwise complies with applicable law;
Schneider Electric and all its subsidiaries must ensure that the above principles are complied with.
Schneider Electric and its subsidiaries are committed to taking commercially reasonable technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect personal information against unauthorized access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorized destruction.
We offer the use of secure servers to enable you to place orders or to access your account information. We implement access control measures for our internal systems that hold personal information. Authorized users are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to personal information is provided to our staff for the sole purpose of performing their job duties. We sensitize our employees on proper use and handling of personal information. We also require our service providers to maintain compliant security measures.
We implement security measures to determine the identity of registered users, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for these users. In case of a registered user, we use both log ins and passwords for authentication. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your log-in credentials.
By using our digital content or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically or otherwise about related security, privacy, use and administrative activities. In spite of our efforts to implement appropriate security measures, online browsing carries inherent risks and we cannot guarantee that it is risk-free.
9. Third-party websites and social media
We also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Schneider Electric on various social media sites. The use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and the privacy settings of the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites and to adjust these settings as you see fit.
10. What are your rights?
Schneider Electric will comply with your data protection rights, including your rights to request access to your personal information and to request that it be deleted or amended. You can always opt out of any direct marketing activity performed by Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric will comply with your data protection rights, including your rights to access and correct your personal information. You may inquire about the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by any Schneider Electric entity. You will be provided access to your personal information, regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
You can request access to your personal information and request that it be deleted or amended at any time.
Individual Rights Requests can be sent to: Global-Data-Privacy@schneider-electric.com
You always have the right to opt out of our marketing communications. Your prior consent is sought, when required by any applicable law. To opt out of marketing emails, simply use the functionality provided at the bottom of any email we send.
Country-specific sections may supplement this section.
11. Important information for individuals in the European Economic Area
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), Schneider Electric also complies with GDPR- specific requirements, including those relating to legal grounds for processing, cross-border data transfers, automated decision making and profiling, data retention, additional rights, claims and DPO contact details.
11.1 On what legal ground is Schneider Electric relying to use personal information?
The use of personal information is necessary, with respect to the purposes mentioned in section 4 above:
- To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. For instance, mandatory tax and accounting obligations or addressing filing obligations and requests by competent regulatory bodies and authorities.
- To carry out surveys in our legitimate interest as they are used for measuring customers and users’ satisfaction with Schneider Electric offers.
- To send marketing communications and interest-based advertising based on consent previously obtained where applicable by law.
- To provide an experience customized to the users’ location, with consent where applicable by law.
We may also process personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests provided that such processing shall not outweigh individuals’ rights and freedoms, in particular:
- To protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud)
- To comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world
- To improve our products, services and digital content
- To perform profiling to provide targeted content and interest-based advertising
- To share information between Schneider Electric subsidiaries and service providers as described in section 7
- To understand and improve our online activities, our business, our customer base and relationships generally
- To enable or administer our business, such as for quality control and consolidated reporting
- To manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions
11.2 Will personal information be transferred abroad?
At Schneider Electric, a global company, the teams working on fulfilling the data processing purposes may have global or multi-country roles. They can then be located anywhere in the world where Schneider Electric operates, including outside the European Union, in countries which do not have equivalent standards for the protection of personal information as the country where you are located. We may also transfer data to service providers located outside of the EU, including in the United States of America. In the event that these data transfers cannot claim an adequacy decision by the European Commission, Schneider Electric will ensure that they comply with applicable legal requirements, for example by executing standard contractual clauses or through its Binding Corporate Rules for intragroup transfers as a data controller. To obtain more details on these transfers and, where appropriate, copies of the applicable safeguards implemented, you may contact: Global-Data-Privacy@schneider-electric.com
11.3 Do we use profiling and make automated decisions about individuals?
We may use profiling to provide you with online content which we believe corresponds to your interests. We combine registration information, such as work specialty and information about online activity to know you better, and provide you with online content corresponding to your profile.
We will not make automated-decisions about you that may significantly affect you, unless:
- the decision is necessary as part of a contract;
- we have your explicit consent;
- or we are required by law to use the technology.
In these cases, due notice will be provided.
11.4 How long will personal information be retained?
More precise information is provided in privacy notices applicable to specific digital content. In general data retention periods are determined taking into consideration:
- The duration of our relationship (e.g. contract performance duration, account de-activation, your legitimate need to be recognized when contacted by us)
- Legal requirements for keeping data
- Statute of limitations
For marketing purposes, we keep relevant customer data for three years after the end of our relationship or since the last interaction with us.
11.5 What are your additional rights?
In addition to the rights provided in section 10 above, you may ask us to erase, restrict or port your personal information and object to the use of your personal information. When data processing is based on individual consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending a request to the following email address:
For processing necessary to perform the contract, or based on legitimate interest, we may not be able to accommodate the request to stop the processing, or if we do so, it may mean that you can no longer access the services or the digital content.
11.6 Where to ask questions and file a claim?
35 rue Joseph Monier CS30323
92506 Rueil-Malmaison - France
Mention sur les cookies
Un cookie est une information prenant la forme d'un tout petit fichier texte placé sur le disque dur d'un internaute. Il est généré par le serveur d'une page Web, qui est l'ordinateur faisant fonctionner le site Web. Les informations contenues dans le cookies sont définies par le serveur et peuvent être utilisées par le serveur à chaque fois que l'utilisateur se rend sur le site. Un cookie peut être considéré comme la carte d'identification d'un internaute. Il indique au site Web que l'utilisateur est revenu sur le site (Source) . Nous pouvons également utiliser d'autres technologies similaires (à savoir, des balises pixel, des balises Web...) lorsque vous vous rendez sur nos sites Web et que vous utilisez nos applications mobiles, qui cherchent des informations stockées sur vos appareils. Aux fins de la présente Mention, toutes ces technologies sont appelées « cookies ».
L'utilisation de cookies nous permet de vous proposer certaines fonctionnalités et de disposer d'informations concernant les visites sur notre site Web ou l'utilisation de nos applications. Nous sommes également susceptibles d'utiliser des cookies pour rendre les applications et les sites plus conviviaux. La plupart des navigateurs acceptent automatiquement les cookies, mais vous n'êtes pas obligés de les accepter. Vous pouvez généralement modifier votre navigateur pour empêcher l'acceptation des cookies tout en étant encore en mesure de profiter de la plupart des fonctions disponibles sur les sites. Votre appareil mobile fournit également des outils permettant de gérer la capacité de l'application à accéder aux informations stockées sur votre terminal.
Si vous voulez supprimer des cookies déjà présents sur votre ordinateur ou éviter que des cookies soient acceptés dans le futur, vous devez vous reporter aux instructions de l'éditeur de votre navigateur en cliquant sur « Aide » dans le menu de votre navigateur.
Cookies tiers utilisés pour effectuer des analyses
Pour proposer un meilleur service à nos visiteurs, nous mesurons le nombre de vues des pages, le nombre de visites, les différentes actions menées par les visiteurs de notre site, la géolocalisation de nos visiteurs et le nombre de fois qu'ils reviennent sur notre site. À cette fin, nous utilisons trois logiciels d'analyse : Analyzer et Google Analytics ainsi que Marketo Munchkin Cookie.
Analyzer information (AT Internet)
Tous les résultats obtenus sont ensuite compilés et sont complètement anonymes. Ils fournissent des informations sur la navigation et le comportement des internautes sur les sites Web des clients d'AT Internet. Ces informations peuvent être les suivantes : le nombre de visiteurs, le nombre de visites, le nombre de pages vues et d'autres informations nécessaires pour mesurer efficacement les intérêts des internautes. Avec ces résultats, il est ensuite possible d'améliorer l'ergonomie et le contenu de ces sites Web.
Veuillez vous rendre sur https://www.atinternet.com/en/company/data-protection/ pour consulter vos droits d'accès, de réponse et de suppression des données.
Informations Google Analytics
Ce site Web utilise également Google Analytics, un service d'analyse du trafic fourni par Google, Inc. (« Google »). Google Analytics utilise des « cookies », c'est-à-dire des fichiers texte placés sur votre ordinateur, pour aider le site Web à analyser la façon dont les internautes utilisent le site. Les informations générées par le cookie concernant l'utilisation du site Web seront transmises vers Google et stockées par ce dernier sur des serveurs aux États-Unis.
Si l'anonymat de l'adresse IP est activé sur ce site Web, votre adresse IP sera tronquée dans les États membres de l'Union européenne ou d'autres parties ayant signé l'Accord sur l'Espace économique européen. Ce n'est que dans des cas exceptionnels que l'adresse IP entière sera d'abord transférée vers un serveur Google aux États-Unis, puis tronquée sur place. L'anonymat des adresses IP est activé sur ce site Web.
Google utilisera ces informations au nom de l'exploitant de ce site Web afin d'évaluer l'utilisation du site Web, de compiler des rapports sur l'activité du site Web pour les exploitants et de leur fournir d'autres services liés à l'activité du site Web et l'utilisation d'Internet.
L'adresse IP que transmet votre navigateur dans le cadre de Google Analytics ne sera pas associée à d'autres données détenues par Google. Vous pouvez refuser l'utilisation de cookies en sélectionnant les paramètres appropriés de votre navigateur, mais veuillez noter que si vous le faites, vous risquez de ne pas pouvoir utiliser toutes les fonctionnalités de ce site Web. Vous pouvez également choisir de ne pas être suivi par Google Analytics à l'avenir en téléchargeant et en installant l'extension Google Analytics Opt-out sur votre navigateur Web actuel : Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Cookie Marketo Munchkin
Comment cela fonctionne-t-il ?
• Ce comportement est très fonctionnel et très semblable à celui d'autres scripts de suivi sur le Web, tels que Google Analytics.
• Notre cookie est un cookie interne et il visible uniquement par nous.
Lorsque vous vous rendez sur une page, Munchkin recueille automatiquement les informations suivantes :
• Pages visitées
• Clics sur des liens
• Adresse IP
• Notre ID de cookie